New Features of Open Comedy
We'd like to say a huge thank you to everyone that's used Open Comedy since launch, especially those who gave us feedback or suggested features they'd like to see. We've been working hard on the latest version that offers a lot of the functionality requested by our users.
- You can now invite acts to perform, either through their profile or through the manage event screen.
- You can now search the thousands of videos that have been added to Open Comedy by location and style. Go ahead and favourite the acts you like and you'll see when they're available for shows.
- Click here to search comedians!
- With our new event management system, you can also watch videos of performers that are local to the show and invite the ones you like to perform in just a few clicks!
- You can now duplicate events, copying the event details and any available spots to a new show. This saves you a lot of time if you book a lot of similar events.
- Our new site notifications will also prevent your email getting too busy if you book a lot of shows or gig a lot.
- If you have any events coming up, click here to add them to the site!
- You can now comment on performer profiles and videos.
- Go ahead and tell your favourite acts what you think!
- You can now add bookings directly to your profile or apply for spots. Your calendar shows bookers when you're available to perform and when you might be in the area to double up with an extra show.
- Click here to update your bookings!
- The number of available spots now updates as they're filled to prevent you applying for spots that are already booked.
- We've also made huge improvements to the location accuracy and added a map to make it easy to see exactly where events are.
- Click here to search for events and spots!
- There's also a new, mobile friendly design and an android app coming soon!
- We've now made the site accessible to both people in the industry and fans of comedy. Fans can discover their local comedy scene, find new acts they like and see when they are performing. One of the biggest complaints we've heard about the industry is it's difficult to get noticed. There are thousands of brilliant performers but only a few spaces on TV. We hope to change this by sharing events and videos added by the community with their potential audience.
If you have any suggestions for features you'd like to see or ways we could improve the platform, we'd love to hear your feedback! Please let us know by clicking the feedback tab in the bottom right of the site.